Pretty for the Holidays

One of the best things about travelling is buying products that you'd never try at home. At home, I never bought cosmetics at the drugstore until I tried Vichy in France. Now that's mostly all I use.

I apply this same theory when shopping in international grocery stores and have had some terrific finds as a result. I'm slightly obsessed with poppyseed danish (it's practically a character in my novel) and Starsky Fine Foods, a European grocery store not that far from me, has about a dozen varieties. When I'm in there, I love to check out the candy and the jams. It's also my go-to place for Elderberry syrup which is how I cure the common cold. It's about 1/10th the price of anywhere else that sells it.

Starsky has a little section of cosmetics and carries the Eveline line from Poland. Given that half of today's supermodels seem to hail from Poland, I thought I'd give it a shot.

I love the line. I'd probably love Cover Girl too if I gave it a decent shot, but I don't... Perhaps the women of Poland turn up their noses at Eveline and fill their suitcases with Cover Girl. I think this falls under the category of 'we do not value what we can easily obtain.'

My favourite Eveline product is the Lip Push-Up Serum that is meant to replace lip fillers. It's about $10 and while I don't know if it plumps lips permanently, it gives a nice full look with a hint of rosy colour. As a lass, I used to have bee-stung lips like Kim Basinger and I'm reluctant to let them totally go with age, so I think I'll give this stuff a go for a little while and see what happens.

Have a great weekend! Between The Wedding, Christmas, and #ProjectMaritimeBolthole, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Hope yours is more relaxing than mine is!


2 comments:

  1. I would love to try this Polish lip serum. I've been using the Hydra Lip from Chanel which works great but it's $50, very spendy indeed.
    I also love international grocery stores and I go a bit silly in them. A big event for me is going to Denninger's and now I want to visit this Starsky place.
    Have a great weekend, I hope you can stop long enough to relax a bit. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great stuff. I'll have to pick up some extra for you!

      Delete

Thank you, darling!

Greenleaf, organizing, and simple neutrals for fall

So, how are you? Ready for the weekend? I always find the second week back to school the hardest, as the routine is not set yet nobody has...