Facelift


I've given my blog a little refresh. I love the whole idea of a makeover. For people, houses, and blogs. Every once in a while, I think it's good to check in and ask, Is this working for me? 

I named the blog Saved by Salt Water at a time when I was living for my month by the sea. Now that I'm back home for a bit, I wanted something else. Given that I'm doing more faith blogging now, a return to Dwell on These Things made sense. Plus, Dwell on These Things works with the fact that I also write about design and style. It's a return to my roots which - not coincidentally - is what I'm doing with my hair, sporting a shorter and slightly darker style.

We are having a deliciously unstructured week. I always think that one of the signs that your life is where it should be, is you are happy to simply be. I used to spend lots of time dashing here, there, and everywhere to distract myself from my life. It's nice to be able to sit and enjoy the downtime without angst.

I've been able to stop and smell the roses a bit - or at least photograph some really pretty things.






I hope you are able to find some peaceful time this summer too.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a good title for your blog I'd say. It's funny how this time of year, when students are going back to school and starting afresh, we often find ourselves thinking about those little tweaks and updates that make everything fresh again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

September Vogue

Hope y'all are well. The September issue of Vogue is now on shelves. I'm always excited to see the phone book and it made for nice...