Tuesday is the new Monday

Hello lovelies,

Are you as confused about what day of the week it is as I am? This is the first summer that we've not had wall-to-wall plans and things are a bit free and easy. As a result, I rarely know what day it is!

Yesterday was a provincial holiday, which means almost everything is open. But lots of people make it a long weekend. So it was kind of a long weekend, but not really a long weekend...

We celebrated with a quick trip to Niagara on the Lake. It's always pretty there.






We also took in The Big Sick. I urge you to run, not walk, to your local multiplex. It's fabulous and not just because Holly Hunt is magnificent in it.

/via/

I'm reading an advanced copy of KariAnne Wood's So Close to Amazing. I'm really liking it as it's a faith-based behind the scenes memoir from looks-perfect-on-the-outside blogger. I'll review it once I've read it all.

Jen Hatmaker's newest book launches tomorrow and it promises to be all kinds of good. Can't wait to read it! She's hilarious.

I hope y'all are having a lovely summer so far and you have a few weeks of reading and movies and not knowing what day is when...

XO



5 comments:

  1. I love your "looks-perfect-on-the-outside" blogger. So many of those around. I'll be anxious to read your review. I'm never sure what day it is but that's because...well, there is no excuse. Happy Summer Jen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will post a review when I finish it. Behind the scenes read are a must on social media. I get squirrely if I think this is how people really live all the time! I'm glad I'm not the only one who confuses her days! xoxo

      Delete
  2. We've also been to see The Big Sick - loved it, loved it, loved it! I've also enjoyed seeing Kumail Najiani on some talk shows - he is funny, and very cute!

    What with all the rain we've had it hasn't seemed very summery here. We are just biding our time until we go to Europe in September - Germany and Budapest, hopefully the weather will still be nice then. Niagara-on-the-Lake is so lovely - did you have afternoon tea there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had breakfast since it's my favourite meal out! (Although tea ranks a close second...) The weather was lovely out east but so weird in Oakville. Either blistering hot or pouring. Today was the first gorgeous yet tolerable sunny day since I've been back. I'm savouring it. Europe will be so lovely. It's perfection in the fall. Fewer crowds and better weather! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I love movies and I've been wondering about The Big Sick. Now I can't wait to go. Maybe even a matinee all by myself with a bucket of popcorn. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying KariAnne's book. She is at the top of my list of favorite bloggers and I get to go to her house next month to see everything she writes about.
    Hmmm...Niagara on the lake. My daughter and SIL live up that way and I only wish it were a quick trip to get there. Beautiful area.
    Blessings friend,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, darling!

Christmas Traditions: The Nutcracker Ballet

Every year, I take my daughter to see the Nutcracker. (I took my youngest son once, but he loudly complained that there was too much dancing...