Faith-filled Friday (featuring Real Housewives!)

Happy Friday!

So, y'all know how much I love the Real Housewives franchise, right? So, when my pal called to tell me she was featuring Joan Kelley Walker from Real Housewives of Toronto on her show, well you know I'd be all over that.


I wore my Smythe plaid jacket because if Smythe is good enough for Kate Middleton, I suppose it's good enough for me.




I actually went to business school with one of the Smythe founders, so I knew about them before Kate did. You brag about what you can brag about, no?

Anyhow, Joan Kelley Walker is even more beautiful than she looked on the show. She's tall and slim and very modelly. Everyone on TV is always a lot skinnier in real life than on the screen. This is always a little depressing.

She's also very sweet. Her upcoming show on See Hear Love will give her the opportunity to discuss her charitable work with World Vision, among other things. Joan has a real heart for philanthropy that was not really highlighted on the Real Housewives of Toronto show. 

Now y'all know how much I love my Housewives, but I've noticed that whenever Christianity is featured on the RH franchise, it's the judgemental side that comes across.

The whole thing got me thinking about what it means to be a Christian. One of my favourite ways of expressing it comes from the movie, Gifted, when Chris Evan's character, Frank Adler, is talking with his young niece, Mary:

Mary Adler: Is there a God? 
Frank Adler: I don't know. 
Mary Adler: Just tell me. 
Frank Adler: I would if I could. But I don't know. Neither does anybody else. 
Mary Adler: Roberta knows. 
Frank Adler: No. Roberta has faith. And that's a great thing to have. But faith's about what you think, feel; not what you know. 
Mary Adler: What about Jesus? 
Frank Adler: Love that guy. Do what he says. 
Love that guy. Do what he says. Isn't that the whole thing? We get all wrapped up in this, that, and the other, but Christians are supposed to do what Jesus did. Love people. Feed people. Listen to people. Care for people. And once you've done all that - and everyone on the planet is fed, and cared for, and listened to, and loved - you can worry about the other stuff, I guess.

I'm glad Joan had an opportunity to talk about living out her faith through loving and giving. She's a Saskatchewan girl - like my mom and many of my aunts - so I assume that's where she gets her wisdom.

Also, can I just say that she had on the best pair of Gucci suede ankle boots? They were the ones with the Marmont logo. Let's face it, that's the real reason I watch the Housewives: for the clothes.

I also had the opportunity to hear Sue Wigston, COO of Eagle's Flight, interviewed. She is just fabulous and had so much to say about leadership, faith, and millennials. It's a treat to be able to meet such awesome people and blog about their stories.



I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

XO










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Greenleaf, organizing, and simple neutrals for fall

So, how are you? Ready for the weekend? I always find the second week back to school the hardest, as the routine is not set yet nobody has...