Lightening

The world has felt very heavy lately.

So, I've been trying to take a page from Solomon in Ecclesiastes 8:14-15

There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: the righteous who get what the wicked deserve, and the wicked who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless. So I commend the enjoyment of life, because there is nothing better for a person under the sun than to eat and drink and be glad. Then joy will accompany them in their toil all the days of the life God has given them under the sun.

In other words: this world is messed up. And while I do believe it is our duty to try to fix it whenever we can, we are also allowed to enjoy life. In fact, scripture commands us to be joyful time and time again, whatever our circumstances.

I've been going through a rough patch lately. Just the usual life is hard stuff: nothing earth shattering. So I've been making sure to put lots of coffee dates and fun things on my calendar.

The other day, a girlfriend and I went to lunch and then to Anthropologie for a little retail therapy.

This plate reminded me of Bringing Up Baby and for $16 CAD had to accompany me home.



Who says cheetahs never prosper?

And then there is this guy.


When he is not destroying our house, Teddy is really quite dear. 

I find that in the tough times, I cling to beauty extra hard. I think that one of the reasons the Proverbs 31 woman was so effective and good, was that she knew to appreciate the good things in life too. We are told that "she makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple." Back in the day, this stuff was fancy. I think that she'd totally be into coffee dates and moderate retail therapy. 

I hope that life finds you well and that the news is not grinding you down. I'm reading a bunch of encouraging books and will share them here shortly. 

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, darling!

Some Book Recommendations for Thanksgiving

Since a lot of you will be in that I-just-want-to-sit-on-the-couch-and-read tryptophan fog, I thought I'd publish the reviews of a c...